Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cape Cod

It is a little daunting to begin the "Cape Cod" post. We did so many things and had the best time. It was the perfect vacation with small children. The fact that we had an actual house to stay in (and each boy had is own room) made it that much better. And once you throw in that Aunt Pam is tied with my mom for best cook ever, we had it made! We started out by completely overpaying to bring the bike trailer along on the plane. I had thought it was fool-proof: $15 for a checked bag. Turns out measuring it would have been a good idea. $65 dollars later, we were on our way. Did I mention that we left the house at 4:45? Impressive, I know. We took a direct flight and arrived an hour and a half later. I have never had a direct flight on the numerous times that I have flown alone with the boys, but I digress. Despite checking the weather numerous times before leaving, I was a lousy packer for this trip. Lets just say that we all had numerous cute summer outfits to wear, and no one wore any of them. It was jeans and a jacket weather for most of the trip. The second day there was glorious though. We got up early and rode our bikes to the ferry to go to Martha's Vineyard. We spent almost the entire day riding around Martha's Vineyard, taking in the sights, throwing shells and rocks into the water (a major theme of the week), and eating ice cream. It was perfection! Honestly, it was pretty much my idea of a perfect day.
Here we are on the ferry on the way over.



Connor's contemplative look



Where we stopped for a picnic lunch



Here is Reid meandering down the path to the lighthouse





I have great memories of bike riding on Martha's Vineyard as a child and seeing the 'gingerbread houses'. The boys were not at all interested, as we saw these more toward the end of the day, so we pretty much breezed through them.



And this was the view by the time we returned to Pam and Bob's


Cape Cod Part II still to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment