Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dinner with the Masses

Have I mentioned how much I am loving Alabama? LOVE IT!! And a lot of it has to do with the fact that I have met a group of great women pretty soon after we moved here. We call ourselves "The Pool Moms" because, well, we met at the pool. And amazingly, most of them have boys, and several have 4 year old boys at that. There are 6 of us, and a few more have joined, so between husband and kids, it is a large group. One of the wives got the ball rolling last week by having everyone over for a potluck dinner. We were having so much fun that I suggested this week at our house. All told, we had 9 couples (including us), and a whopping 21 children...for a grand total of 39 people. I was impressed. And it went well, the kids were entertained and the food was plentiful and amazing. (I can say this because I didn't have much to do with that part.) I love that we have already made some great friends and we have only been here a month. Let the good times roll!! I only wish I would have taken more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment