I wish I would have written about Annalise's birth immediately afterwards, but better late than never. My due date was April 19th, and my mom was originally coming the 12th. However, I was so nervous that I was going to go into labor earlier than that, so she ended up coming the 10th. And then we waited. And waited. And at my doctor's appointment on Friday the 15th, I asked to be induced on Monday if I hadn't had the baby yet. (Never thought I would make it til then and walked and walked all weekend. But nothing happened.) So early Monday morning Jeremy and I headed to the hospital. The induction was relatively easy, the only glitch being too numbed by the epidural (think drooping eye), but that was quickly resolved after they turned the epidural off. At 12:40pm I started pushing and at 12:50 I heard the most amazing words ever, "It's a girl!". For my entire pregnancy I had hoped that I would have a girl, even letting myself imagine hearing those words, but I really didn't think it would be a girl. I tried to prepare for a boy the best I could: we had only a boy name, I only brought boy clothes to the hospital, and really felt emotionally prepared for a boy. But when I heard those 3 words, I lost it. I was so overjoyed and so thrilled. And even now, 5 weeks later, I still can't believe it.
Here I am at the start of the induction

This is right after she was born and handed to me.

The obligatory weight picture: 7 lbs 12.4 oz. She was right in between the boys weights of Connor (8) and Reid 7lbs 8 oz.




Trying hard to take the picture without crying...

I love the way Jeremy is looking at her here.
so sweet! Love these pictures. Annalise is a little miracle!
ReplyDelete