Sunday, October 16, 2011

Milestones and Gender....

What is my problem? It has been a month and a half...I guess have just been overcome by events, shall we say. Yesterday was a big day around here though, and I wanted to share:

Connor lost his first tooth! It happened at his soccer game, minutes after I left of course, to take the other two home. (In other news, Reid has decided that he is most definitely not a soccer player. We are pretty surprised, but have learned several things about parenting by now, and one is that you CANNOT make them play soccer if they don't want to. Needless to say, the tooth fairy paid a visit to our house last night, but Connor was rather disappointed in that he was given two dollar bills instead of coins. Go figure. The tooth fairy will not make this mistake again...or a more thorough lesson in money will be given shortly.

Our big man down one tooth. The one next to it is very loose as well.



In other news, Miss Annalise started rice cereal last night. It was not a hit. I maybe got two bites in. Maybe.



This pretty much summed it up:



Finally, a funny Connor story. To preface, neither of my boys have ever seemed to notice or comment on Annalise's different, ahem, anatomy. Last night Connor was helping me give Annalise a bath, and I thought maybe this would be a good time to discuss it. So, I said to him, "Connor, why is Annalise a girl?" His answer: "Because we prayed for her to be a girl." Okay. That is one interpretation of the question.

A few minutes later, I decided to try again:
Me: "If someone who didn't know Annalise walked into the bathroom right now and saw her, would they be able to tell if she was a boy or a girl?"
Connor: "Yes"
Me: "How?"
Connor: "They could guess and we could say yes or no."

At that point, I let the issue drop. I am sure we will visit this issue again...like maybe when he is 8.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!! Those comments from Connor totally cracked me up! I love his "they could guess" answer. Annalise is so pretty! I love her big blue eyes. Oh, and I totally appreciated your comment about not making a kid play soccer. J was all about soccer that first practice, but has not wanted to play since then. So I was glad to hear that that happens with other kiddos, too. :) Hope you guys are doing well!
    Love, Heather

    ReplyDelete