Here are some pictures to illustrate:
A little perkier with a visit from Annalise
On his wheelchair ride out to the car. I wasn't even aiming for pathetic here...it just was.
Being more dramatic than some to begin with, one can imagine the fun we have all had this week. Yesterday afternoon I ended up taking him back in because of all of the moaning, whining and writhing, which is honestly not too strong of a word in this scenario. I thought they would just talk to me first about upping his pain medication, but they immediately removed the splint, which was a challenge because of the swollen elbow [tears], x-rayed it [more tears], and then resplinted it [no tears...the PA doing it was really good]. I had been hoping they could put the hard cast on yesterday instead of Monday as scheduled, but with the swelling that was no possible.
Here is the blow-by-blow of that process:
One sad little boy...but he is improving. Today he even got up and played some, and he slept a lot better last night with the increased pain medication.



No comments:
Post a Comment