You know those days that make you question whether you're doing a good job? And as a mother, it seems to be an unusual day if I am NOT questioning myself. Yesterday the boys and I went over to one of Jeremy's former commander's home so that the wife and I could chat. There was very little chatting. The boys did not do nearly as well as I had imagined they would. She pulls out numerous items that I would have thought would have been completely captivating, but no.... I finally had to ask if we could put the TV on for them. They of course, do not watch TV and only have one for occasional movies and she didn't know how to turn it on. In the meantime, Connor and Reid have gathered that TV viewing is about to commence and immediately beeline for the couch and settle in. This only succeeds in holding Reid's attention for 2 minutes. Her daughter's start bring down their menagerie of animals to show the boys, but Connor is SO interested in the TV that he really can't be bothered. Mother of the year, I tell you.
In light of yesterday's events, I started something new with Reid by putting him in his pack-n-play for 15 minutes with some toys and books (we will work up to 30-45 minutes). Can you teach 'attention span'? I will keep you posted. We then headed out to try out a new strawberry farm....and they were closed. This, after building it up--hayride and all--and a 25 minute car ride. Reid in particular was really disappointed. We topped out the morning with a visit to Blue Bird Gap Farm and then Chik-Fila.
Kusman Album 2019
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment